On Tuesdays real estate agents gather together in La Canada at a local church and review a list of homes most of which are new listings. Today, prior to the official business of the meeting, a coach from the Verdugo Hills High School made a presentation. He and several of the girls on one of the teams gave us the details on a money crisis. Los Angeles Unified Schools reneged on money promised to the team for equipment and they were soliciting us for contributions. It’s sad that our local public school can’t afford to support such worthwhile activity for the girls. The lessons in teamwork, success and failure, and competition are an important real-life compliment to academic achievement.
Anyway, I’m proud to say that after “the hat” was passed around a substantial contribution had been made.
Getting back to the caravan itself; there were 17 homes on the caravan list:
- 10650 Artrude St, Sunland $798,500
- 5322 Godbey Dr, La Canada $3,400 (lease)
- 10450 McClemont Ave, Tujunga $359,000
- 4921 Cecilville Ave, La Crescenta $769,000
- 2656 Mayfield Ave, La Crescenta $518,000
- 3676 Altura Ave, La Crescenta $468,000
- 3720 Cedarbend Dr, La Crescenta $857,000
- 3028 Honolulu Ave, La Crescenta $475,000
- 5117 Castle Rd, La Canada $1,089,000
- 2214 Del Mar Rd#4, Montrose $529,000
- 1204 Imperial Dr, Glendale $1,219,000
- 408 Oliveta Pl, La Canada $879,000
- 2933 Mountain Pine Dr, La Crescenta $1,139,000
- 2529 Los Amigos St, La Crescenta $1,295,000
- 326 E Randolph St, Glendale $965,000
- 710 Solway St, Glendale $2,900 (lease)
- 972 N Los Robles Ave, Pasadena $1,499,000
As you can see, most neighborhoods in the Foothill communites had homes on the list. Three in particular I’d draw attention to are 2529 Los Amigos St; this is a charming home on a giant lot on one of La Crescenta’s premier streets. The home on Cedarbend is also on a wonderful street in La Crescenta but as you can see is more afordable. And finally, 4921 Cecilville Ave. – a pool home in need of upgrades.
In coming posts I will include pricing information on homes that have sold in La Crescenta, Montrose, La Canada and other of our neighborhoods.